eCourier's 2012 Olympic Strategy
The 2012 London Olympics is an exciting and global event that presents a unique opportunity for all London people and business to showcase our great city.
No doubt there will be challenges for all commercial enterprises especially within the transport sector in which we operate. With this in mind eCourier have prepared some strategic plans that we shall operate throughout the Olympic and Paralympic periods.
These changes will encompass increasing our availability to undertake collections and deliveries during the quieter evening periods and throughout the night, and outside of the various road restrictions.
We have already taken measures to significantly increase our 2 wheel Courier fleet with particular emphasis on a greater number of Pushbike deliveries. We envisage that this will be the least affected sector and will allow us to deliver as rapidly as possible.
We are also building a database of walking foot couriers that will undertake deliveries and assist with on street transfers during the Olympics, and have partnered with another specialist in this area of logistics to ensure optimum service for our clients.
As you will find from exploring the local links to your own businesses we are fully aware of the possible impact from road closures and restrictions but we are also prepared for the challenges that this exciting time will bring.
Things may not be normal and our delivery times will undoubtedly be affected but you can be sure that we will keep you updated at all times and give you our own gold medal service throughout the London 2012 Games.
- Are you changing your operating hours ?
- Are you able to accept evening or night deliveries and would these be suitable for your business ?
- Would you be able to utilise an increase in 2 wheel collections and deliveries ?
- Are you happy to accept a package delivered by a foot courier ?
- We would welcome any feedback that you have regarding different operating profiles that you may be implementing within your own organisation. (Click here to leave your feedback)